25 Things to Know About Me
1. My name is Katrina and I like to travel. A lot.
2. I spent a year teaching English to elementary school students in Daegu, South Korea.
3. I spent 6 months living in Sydney, Australia on a working holiday visa.
4. My favorite travel experience was diving with great white sharks with the Rodney Fox Great White Shark Expeditions in Australia.
5. I’ve climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
6. I wrote a book called The ESL Teacher’s Guide to South Korea. You can buy it on Amazon!
7. I love to Scuba dive. My first time diving was at the Great Barrier Reef but my favorite place to dive is Belize.
8. I’ve eaten breakfast at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.
9. My favorite part about my Japan trip was getting to see wild snow monkeys relaxing in a hot spring
10. I’ve stepped foot into North Korea at the most heavily fortified border in the world, the DMZ.
11. I’ve been to every continent except Antarctica.
12. I roasted marshmallows over flowing lava on a volcano in Guatemala. It was one of the most exciting and terrifying days of my life!
13. My friend and I were chased into the ocean by vendors trying to sell us cabbage in Cartagena, Colombia.
14. My first passport stamp was from Costa Rica when I was 17.
15. My favorite city in the world is Hong Kong.
16. My scariest travel experience was a possible near kidnapping in the Philippines.
17. The craziest restaurant I’ve ever been to was the Robot Restaurant in Tokyo!
18. The craziest thing I’ve eaten is the black burger at Burger King in Japan.
19. I flew around Mt. Everest. One day I’d like to go back and do a hike to Base Camp.
20. My biggest irrational fear is cockroaches.
21. One of my favorite days was when I spent the morning on a beach with wild kangaroos in Australia.
22. I got married in 2014 to the best guy in the world who shares my passion for travel. I am so lucky!
23. One place I’ve traveled to that I didn’t think I would like but ended up loving was Paris. Such an incredible city.
24. I am obsessed with Asian food. I could eat it every single day.
25. There are 3 things I don’t mind splurging on: travel, food, and my cat.